Friday, June 30, 2006

Word From CouchSurfing Collective?

The CouchSurfing Collective is going on right now in Montreal, Canada. I'm also seeing talk about people wanting to get together to rewrite the CouchSurfing source code... A version 2 if you will. I personally think that it would be a mistake to rush into starting all this work when we haven't even heard anything else from the CS Officers and word from the Collective.

Anyone have any contact with the Collective? Anyone there? Jess will be trying to get a hold of any of you, including the CS Admins, and Casey.

4 Comments:

At 8:36 AM, Blogger jeansch said...

What to think about that :

http://www.blog.swedishoriginals.com/archives/69

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger CSA said...

Think of it what you want. The story is nice, if you have a good fantasy. The only thing that I can say is that it's a little easy to use CS for a period of time, enjoy all the hard work and dedication that was put into building a community and now abandon it spreading totally unverified stories like these. The truth is what you read from the statement at couchsurfing.com.
The team and Casey are devastated by the unbelieveable misfortune that happened.
Right now, the people at the CS collective in Montreal are discussing what steps to take. CouchSurfing might rise from the ashes. But it will take a lot of effort. More info can be expected.

I want to say that I'm deeply touched by the emails that so many CS members have sent us. Thank you for your ongoing support and positive thoughts! And keep the faith in CS's return.

Aldo, CouchSurfing administrator

(csmayhem@golja.nl)

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger couchsurfingshelter said...

I called Jim at CS Collective HQ last night, and I said I was planning to go down Saturday to have a little chat and see what's going on. I'll gladly spread any info I have on my side as well.

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Narnua said...

LINKS AND INFO HERE:
http://www.hospitalityguide.net/hg/wiki/index.php?title=CouchSurfing_discussions_on_other_sites

 

Post a Comment

<< Home